Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Calculating results from cells containing formulas

If say, cell A1 contains a formula (example =(6.14/3) and I want to perform a
calculation that refers to this cell say =(A1*36*60) I will get a slightliy
different result from the formula =((6.14/3)*36*60).

The first would give 4420.80000
The 2nd gives 4420.80720

How can I ensure that the 2 results would be identical without physically
copying the result of the calculation from A1 to another cell and then
multiplying this figure x 36 and x 60 ?

Can it be achieved by other means than physical copying or is Excel
incapable of running a formula from data which is the result of another
formula(s)?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This is often the result of floating-point calculations, but I have to add I
get 4420.80000 for both.

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Zakynthos" wrote in message
If say, cell A1 contains a formula (example =(6.14/3) and I want to
perform a
calculation that refers to this cell say =(A1*36*60) I will get a
slightliy
different result from the formula =((6.14/3)*36*60).

The first would give 4420.80000
The 2nd gives 4420.80720

How can I ensure that the 2 results would be identical without physically
copying the result of the calculation from A1 to another cell and then
multiplying this figure x 36 and x 60 ?

Can it be achieved by other means than physical copying or is Excel
incapable of running a formula from data which is the result of another
formula(s)?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Bob,

Thanks for that - you've answered my question - sorry I wasn't clear on the
2nd example which should have given the result of my formula *36*60 - but I
get the point and I suppose I could alter the precision of the calculations
to reflect the displayed, formatted values.