Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
rdp rdp is offline

Default Referencing cells with formulas results in blank cell.

I am trying to make data from the last used cell in a column appear in
another cell at the top of the same column. Another user gave me the formula
=INDEX(A:A,MATCH(10^10,A:A)) and this works fine unless the cells in the
column have formulas in them, in which case the result is a blank cell.

Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

That formula works just fine.

Do the formulas return 0s and you have 0 display turned off?

A shorter version of that formula:

=LOOKUP(10^10,A:A)

Even better to use a constant for the lookup_value:

=LOOKUP(1E10,A:A)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP