Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Microsoft Office Excel

Im creating a worksheet (using copy) to same file. Whenever I create a
worksheet, the following message displays:
A formula or sheet you want to move or copy contains the name 'Fax', which
already exists on the destination workshhet. Do you want to use this version
of the name? *To use the name as defined in the destination sheet, click
Yes. *To rename the range referred to in the formula or worksheet, click No,
and enter a new name in the Name Conflict dialog box. [Yes] [No]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hello Harry ( I wouldn't call you Sheryl)

This is the normal behavior.

The sheet you are coping (Source) has a named cell (are you familiar with
this concept?)
The name FAX is used.
Somewhere on the workbook to which you are copying (Target), there is
another cell with the name FAX
Excel want to know if the newly created sheet is to use the name cell it is
"carrying" or do you want to use the named cell in the Target.

In most cases Yes is the right answer. The original sheet worked using its
own named cell. So it makes since to keep this cell's name.

Hope that makes sense
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP