Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Capturing average turn around time with constraints

I currently have a spreadsheet tracking the performance of a purchasing
group. There are 3 columns of interest to me in this formula. Column D is
the purchasing group, some are names, some are acronyms, but the groups I'm
concerned with are all named "Purchasing____" followed by a number, so I have
been using the "Purchas*" value to capture all of those. Column J is the
date a purchasing group has received an order, and Column P is the date the
purchasing group sends out its purchase order. This data is being captured
in a separate workbook, and there is also a date criteria. So I have set up
hidden cells in the workbook capturing the data, with the corresponding
column head and values I'm looking matching up with column D, J, and P. J
and P have two hidden cells each, to represent the upper and lower bounds of
the date ranges I'm looking for. This is to make the various database
functions available (I've been using DCOUNTA for other data I wish to
capture, not sure if this all is necessary for this instance).

I'm looking to come up with a function that will go to every entry in column
D that is a "Purchasing____" (hence the "Purchas*"), find the NETWORKDAYS
between J and P, and then average them by month (hence the date constraints).
Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.