Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to limit the characters in a cell

Hi,

I have to limit the characters in a cell, for Ex:

In C2 the characters should only be 8 characters and not more than or lesser
than.
Even though if i try to use more than 8 characters it should not allow me to
do that.

Please help me out in this,

Regards,
Igneshwara reddy.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Use data validation with a type of Cuustom and a formula of

=LEN(C2)=8

--
HTH

Bob