-   -   How to limit the characters in a cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/191382-how-limit-characters-cell.html)

Igneshwara reddy[_2_]

How to limit the characters in a cell

Hi,

I have to limit the characters in a cell, for Ex:

In C2 the characters should only be 8 characters and not more than or lesser
than.
Even though if i try to use more than 8 characters it should not allow me to
do that.

Please help me out in this,

Regards,
Igneshwara reddy.

Bob Phillips[_3_]

How to limit the characters in a cell

Use data validation with a type of Cuustom and a formula of

=LEN(C2)=8

--
HTH

Bob