Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Referencing several cells with IF?

I just wanted to know if there is a way that I can check the content of
several cells with a function (possibly IF) to return a value in A1 if the
cells referenced all have a specific value.

To clarify I want A1 to return text "R" if B1, C1, D1 and E1 all have dates
in them.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

In Excel dates are numbers so try this

=IF(COUNT(B1:E1)=4,"R","")

Mike

"andim" wrote:

I just wanted to know if there is a way that I can check the content of
several cells with a function (possibly IF) to return a value in A1 if the
cells referenced all have a specific value.

To clarify I want A1 to return text "R" if B1, C1, D1 and E1 all have dates
in them.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

A date to Excel is just a number, so it is difficult to check
specifically for dates. However, if you want the value "R" to be
returned in A1 if none of the cells are empty, then you can do that
this way:

=IF(COUNTIF(B1:E1,"<")=4,"R","")

Hope this helps.

Pete