Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default worksheet LOCKED

Hey guys,

I just opened up a protected excel file, I understand that it opens up
under "read only" mode but I can't even scroll, I can't even close
this excel file. Only way I can close it is to go to a task manager
and shut down my excel.

What is wrong with this file?
How do I fix it?

Thank you for your help in advance!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Jun 16, 12:09*pm, James8309 wrote:
Hey guys,

I just opened up a protected excel file, I understand that it opens up
under "read only" mode but I can't even scroll, I can't even close
this excel file. Only way I can close it is to go to a task manager
and shut down my excel.

What is wrong with this file?
How do I fix it?

Thank you for your help in advance!

I don't even see tab sheets, I can't even see those scroll bars at the
right. it is totally LOCKED (T.T)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Jun 16, 12:09 am, James8309 wrote:
On Jun 16, 12:09 pm, James8309 wrote:

Hey guys,

I just opened up a protected excel file, I understand that it opens up
under "read only" mode but I can't even scroll, I can't even close
this excel file. Only way I can close it is to go to a task manager
and shut down my excel.

What is wrong with this file?
How do I fix it?

Thank you for your help in advance!

I don't even see tab sheets, I can't even see those scroll bars at the
right. it is totally LOCKED (T.T)

When Workbook protection is fully enabled, some buttons and commands
can go away. But you should be able to select Close from the File menu
at least. You could also check to see if the protection has a
password, although it certainly seems likely if they've taken the
trouble to hide scrollbars, tabs and everything.

If scrolling is needed by the users, the author should really
reconsider the extreme protection. But this is really a question for
the author/maintainer of the file, not the world in general. If you
really want to break into a file, Google can probably find hundreds of
products that will do so. Excel security is not real strong.