Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I import data from 1 excell workbook to another?

I take information off of 1 handwritten piece of paper & enter parts of it
into 3 differant Excell workbooks to track various data. I am looking for a
way to enter all the information into 1 workbook and have certain data
(cells) to import to other workbooks depending on the report I need.

I can only find instructions for importing external data. When I try to
import from another excel workbook the entire worksheet is imported. I need
the steps to follow in very simple steps, please
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Jun 13, 8:23*pm, agarrettbell
wrote:
I take information off of 1 handwritten piece of paper & enter parts of it
into 3 differant Excell workbooks to track various data. I am looking for a
way to enter all the information into 1 workbook and have certain data
(cells) to import to other workbooks depending on the report I need.

I can only find instructions for importing external data. When I try to
import from another excel workbook the entire worksheet is imported. I need
the steps to follow in very simple steps

Open all your worksheets. In the cell you want the data to appear in,
type =

Click on the cell in the other worksheet where the data value you want
to import is

Enter