shar

Default sum calculation

How would I go about returning the sum of the QTY column for each unique
date. (You will notice that there are some rows with duplicate dates.) This
data comes to me in a delimited file and I need to have the output to
summarize the QTY per DATE. Thank you in advance, I appreciate your help.

ID DATE QTY
86621875 20050325000000 120000
86621875 20050330000000 100000
86621875 20050330000000 100000