Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Incremental References

I was wondering if anyone could help:

I would like to make a list referencing cells equidistantly apart:

In sheet 2 i am interested in a value every 40 rows apart and in the other
sheet 1 I would like to make a list of those values every row:

In sheet 1:

A1 =Sheet2!A1
A2 =Sheet2!A41
A3 =Sheet3!A81

and so on...can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try

=INDIRECT("Sheet2!A"&1+(ROW()-1)*40)

in A1 on Sheet1 and copy down as needed.

Hope this helps,

Hutch

"Liam" wrote:

I was wondering if anyone could help:

I would like to make a list referencing cells equidistantly apart:

In sheet 2 i am interested in a value every 40 rows apart and in the other
sheet 1 I would like to make a list of those values every row:

In sheet 1:

A1 =Sheet2!A1
A2 =Sheet2!A41
A3 =Sheet3!A81

and so on...can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Jun 12, 10:04 pm, Liam wrote:
I was wondering if anyone could help:

I would like to make a list referencing cells equidistantly apart:

In sheet 2 i am interested in a value every 40 rows apart and in the other
sheet 1 I would like to make a list of those values every row:

In sheet 1:

A1 =Sheet2!A1
A2 =Sheet2!A41
A3 =Sheet3!A81