Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Subtotals (outline) features grayed out

I need to use the outline/ subtotal feature and it is grayed out. I am using
Office 2007. How do I get the function to appear?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I suspect you formatted your sheet as a table just for appearance sake.
Using the Format as Table button on the home tab does more than just apply an
autoformat tho. You can't apply Subtotals to a 'table' - under Table Tools
Design on the Ribbon, in the Tools group, click Convert to Range. Subtotals
will then be available.

"Rubystarx" wrote:

I need to use the outline/ subtotal feature and it is grayed out. I am using
Office 2007. How do I get the function to appear?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default thank you

thanks that certainly solved my problem

Boni wrote:

I suspect you formatted your sheet as a table just for appearance sake.
10-Jun-08

I suspect you formatted your sheet as a table just for appearance sake.
Using the Format as Table button on the home tab does more than just apply an
autoformat tho. You can't apply Subtotals to a 'table' - under Table Tools
Design on the Ribbon, in the Tools group, click Convert to Range. Subtotals
will then be available.

"Rubystarx" wrote:

On Tuesday, June 10, 2008 12:01 PM
Rubystar wrote:

Subtotals (outline) features grayed out
I need to use the outline/ subtotal feature and it is grayed out. I am using
Office 2007. How do I get the function to appear?

On Tuesday, June 10, 2008 1:01 PM
Boni wrote:

I suspect you formatted your sheet as a table just for appearance sake.
I suspect you formatted your sheet as a table just for appearance sake.
Using the Format as Table button on the home tab does more than just apply an
autoformat tho. You can't apply Subtotals to a 'table' - under Table Tools
Design on the Ribbon, in the Tools group, click Convert to Range. Subtotals
will then be available.

"Rubystarx" wrote:

Client-Side Real-Time Stock Quote ScreenScraping
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...ltime-sto.aspx