Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
BoniM BoniM is offline

Default Subtotals (outline) features grayed out

I suspect you formatted your sheet as a table just for appearance sake.
Using the Format as Table button on the home tab does more than just apply an
autoformat tho. You can't apply Subtotals to a 'table' - under Table Tools
Design on the Ribbon, in the Tools group, click Convert to Range. Subtotals
will then be available.

"Rubystarx" wrote:

I need to use the outline/ subtotal feature and it is grayed out. I am using
Office 2007. How do I get the function to appear?