Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
tom tom is offline

Default sorting out rows

I have 1000 rows of data and i want to copy or link every 5th row to another
sheet...
thanks...
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

=INDEX(Sheet1!A:A,5*ROWS($1:1)-5)

And copy down as needed.
--
HTH,

RD

"Tom" wrote in message
I have 1000 rows of data and i want to copy or link every 5th row to
another
sheet...
thanks...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Tom,

Assuming you want rows 5, 10, 15 ... then
1. Suppose the data is in the range J1:J1000 with titles in the first row.
In a blank column, say K, enter the following formula in K2:
=1/MOD(ROW(),5)
and fill it down.
2. Choose Data, Filter, AutoFilter
3. Open the autofilter in K1 and choose #DIV/0!
4. Select the visible cells in column J and copy then to another sheet.

--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire