Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Patrick

Default Weird Problem

I have a spreadhseet where I have one row of numbers that is identical to the
other. As I always have done in the past, I have put a formula in the second
row to make the numers in the first row enter automatically when types in.
In other words, I have column A, rows 1 thru 20 and column D rows 1 thru 20.
In cell D1 I type =A1. While the number in A1 appears in D1, when I use the
fill handle for the rest of the rows (D2-20) I get correct formulas, but the
number stays the same! In other words, while the formula in D2 says =A2, the
number in A1 is what appears. BTW, I am using the fill handle and do not
have any absolute value ($) codes entered. Do I have a corrupt file? This
has never happened before.

Thanks in advance.