Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Conditional Formatting with Dates

I hope someone will be able to help me. I have tried a number of things but
can't get this just right. I want to be ale to make the text in a cell turn
red if todays date is between two dates. Example: in Cells A1 through A12
are the months of the year (January, February, March, April, May, June, July,
August, September, October, November, December). I want to highlight he
current month in Red.

I have tried the following and had mixed results. In each cell I have tried
the following:

1. =OR(TODAY() = 1-1-2008, TODAY() <= 1-31-2008)
Results = Turns text red regardless of current date

2. =AND(TODAY() = 1-1-2008, TODAY() <= 1-31-2008)
Results = Does not turn text red regardless of current date

I'm not sure whats wrong here, please help.

Thanks,
Bill
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=1-1-2008 (1 minus 1 minus 2008) gives a result of -2008
=1-31-2008 gives a result of -2038
TODAY() cannot be both =-2008 and <=-2038 (and the current value of TODAY()
is 39584).

Perhaps instead of 1-1-2008 you intended to say DATE(2008,1,1) ?
--
David Biddulph

"BillXMachina" wrote in message
[...]

Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillXMachina View Post
I hope someone will be able to help me. I have tried a number of things but
can't get this just right. I want to be ale to make the text in a cell turn
red if todays date is between two dates. Example: in Cells A1 through A12
are the months of the year (January, February, March, April, May, June, July,
August, September, October, November, December). I want to highlight he
current month in Red.

I have tried the following and had mixed results. In each cell I have tried
the following:

1. =OR(TODAY() = 1-1-2008, TODAY() <= 1-31-2008)
Results = Turns text red regardless of current date

2. =AND(TODAY() = 1-1-2008, TODAY() <= 1-31-2008)
Results = Does not turn text red regardless of current date

I'm not sure whats wrong here, please help.

Thanks,
Bill
Hello Bill:

Try this formula with Conditional Formatting for cells A1:A12.

=MONTH(DATE(1900,COLUMN(),1))=MONTH(TODAY())