Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Set up many cells within a cell

How to add cells within a cell?

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Please explain
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP
http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme
remove caps from email

"jrps" wrote in message
How to add cells within a cell?

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Bernard,
As in Word function, I want to divide an Excel cell into many cells so that
add data without changing row.

Thanks.

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

Please explain
--

"jrps" wrote in message
How to add cells within a cell?

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Cells cannot be split; they can be merged (Merge & Center tool) horizontally
and vertically
To get multiple lines of text (no border line in between) in one cell:
type CAT, then ALT+ENTER, then DOG
Hope this helps
best wishes
--

"jrps" wrote in message
Hi Bernard,
As in Word function, I want to divide an Excel cell into many cells so
that
add data without changing row.

Thanks.

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

Please explain
--

"jrps" wrote in message
How to add cells within a cell?

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

A cell is defined as the intersection between a row and a column. [That's
where the cell references come from.]
You can't insert extra cells without inserting extra rows and/or columns.
--
David Biddulph

"jrps" wrote in message
Hi Bernard,
As in Word function, I want to divide an Excel cell into many cells so
that
add data without changing row.

Thanks.

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

Please explain
--

"jrps" wrote in message
How to add cells within a cell?

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

As Word function I just want to split a cell into many cells so that I can
add data without changing the row.
Is it possible in Excel 2003?

Thank you.

"jrps" wrote in message
Hi Bernard,
As in Word function, I want to divide an Excel cell into many cells so
that
add data without changing row.

Thanks.

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

Please explain
--

"jrps" wrote in message
How to add cells within a cell?

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On May 16, 8:11 am, jrps wrote:
As Word function I just want to split a cell into many cells so that I can
add data without changing the row.
Is it possible in Excel 2003?

Thank you.

As mentioned, you can't split/add cells without "changing the row".
That's the same thing.

If you have several items in one cell and want to split those to other
cells, check out "Text To Columns" in the Data menu.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Perhaps you didn't read what I said:
"A cell is defined as the intersection between a row and a column. [That's
where the cell references come from.]
You can't insert extra cells without inserting extra rows and/or columns."
Was it clearer that time?

You can add data without extra cells. Alt+Enter will give a line break
within a cell, if that's what you want.
--
David Biddulph

"jrps" wrote in message
Hi Bernard,
As in Word function, I want to divide an Excel cell into many cells so
that
add data without changing row.

Thanks.

"Bernard Liengme" wrote: