Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Linking Cells

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm not sure of your exact question, but a link is just a formula that
displays data from a different cell. To create a formula like this
type = as you would any other formula and then click on the cell you
will pulling from. The syntax is different if it is the same sheet, a
different sheet, or a different document, but the = + [click] method
is the same.

Does that answer your question?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you for answering - but I can see I did not make my self clear. I
already have the cells linked - but when there is no data in the originating
cell I get a "0" in the destination cell. The information on this worksheet
changes daily and sometimes there are cells with no originating data - but I
still need them linked because there could be infor mation later in the day.
When I send out the "destination" sheets I do not want the "0's" as they
distracting and confuse the data.
Thanks again for trying to help me solve this

"Reitanos" wrote:

I'm not sure of your exact question, but a link is just a formula that
displays data from a different cell. To create a formula like this
type = as you would any other formula and then click on the cell you
will pulling from. The syntax is different if it is the same sheet, a
different sheet, or a different document, but the = + [click] method
is the same.

Does that answer your question?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I am not sure I am doing this whole discussion thing right - I sent a reply
to your answer to me - but I do not see it posted - did it go through?? I am
now trying again to get this one through.