Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default I have a problem using excel

I am kind of new at using the entire spreadsheet and I have an assignment to
do for school. I cannot get the formula right for this project...Can someone
help me?I do not know how to make the formula for a payroll and I know that
im close but nothing is working and I have been working on the spreadsheet
for a while now.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You will need to give more details. Are you entering times (start time
and finish time) and you want to evaluate hours worked to multiply by
the hourly rate?

Pete

On May 14, 10:36*am, sunny wrote:
I am kind of new at using the entire spreadsheet and I have an assignment to
do for school. I cannot get the formula right for this project...Can someone
help me?I do not know how to make the formula for a payroll and I know that
im close but nothing is working and I have been working on the spreadsheet
for a while now.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I have this school project to do and I have been working on it for a long
time now. I know it may be easy but I am having trouble with making a formula
for a payroll(hourly, salary, and tax deductions....if you want i can email
you what I have so far. thank you for your reply.

On May 14, 10:36 am, sunny wrote:
I am kind of new at using the entire spreadsheet and I have an assignment to
do for school. I cannot get the formula right for this project...Can someone
help me?I do not know how to make the formula for a payroll and I know that
im close but nothing is working and I have been working on the spreadsheet
for a while now.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Download one or two of the Templates found here at the Template Gallery.

I searched on "payroll" and these popped up.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...roll&av=TPL000

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On May 14, 10:36 am, sunny wrote:
I am kind of new at using the entire spreadsheet and I have an assignment to
do for school. I cannot get the formula right for this project...Can someone
help me?I do not know how to make the formula for a payroll and I know that
im close but nothing is working and I have been working on the spreadsheet
for a while now.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you for the link. My assignment is actually to make one formula that
can be used for all 20 employees and the formula must include salary and
hourly employees and tax deductions. I can get one part but I am unable to
incorporate salary employees with hourly and I could not get started on the
tax deductions. I am still trying to work on it.
Thank you

On May 14, 10:36 am, sunny wrote:
I am kind of new at using the entire spreadsheet and I have an assignment to
do for school. I cannot get the formula right for this project...Can someone
help me?I do not know how to make the formula for a payroll and I know that
im close but nothing is working and I have been working on the spreadsheet
for a while now.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Post a copied/pasted sample of the data as laid out in your worksheet.

We can't tell you much with the information currently known.

Gord

On May 14, 10:36 am, sunny wrote:
I am kind of new at using the entire spreadsheet and I have an assignment to
do for school. I cannot get the formula right for this project...Can someone
help me?I do not know how to make the formula for a payroll and I know that
im close but nothing is working and I have been working on the spreadsheet
for a while now.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

if you dont mind i email it to you, I got started with the formula. The
assignment is to make 1 IF statement for a payrol of 20 employees some salary
and some hourly. The problem with the formula that I made is that it does not
apply to all employees but only the houly, I was having trouble with the
salary employees.

If you dont mind I can email you the assignment.

On May 14, 10:36 am, sunny wrote:
I am kind of new at using the entire spreadsheet and I have an assignment to
do for school. I cannot get the formula right for this project...Can someone
help me?I do not know how to make the formula for a payroll and I know that
im close but nothing is working and I have been working on the spreadsheet
for a while now.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can post the workbook at one of the hosting sites below.

http://www.freefilehosting.net/
http://savefile.com/

When you have uploaded to that site, post the URL so we could download should we
choose.

Gord