Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default If function - Add if its blank, to return blank

Hi,

I have put an If Function on the below formula, but I only want it to appear
if the cell has an entry in it. For example

CellA CellB
Yes =IF(A1="YES","NO","YES")

The above works, but it also puts in "Yes" if Cell A is blank, and I want to
be blank if CellA is blank.

Thanks in advance for any help provided!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This should take care of the blank problem...

=IF(A1="","",IF(A1="YES","NO","YES"))

However, it is unclear if you want "YES" as the result if anything other
than "NO" is entered in A1 (right now, that is what happens). If you want
this as a pure Yes/No toggle and blank for anything else...

=IF(A1="","",IF(A1="YES","NO",IF(A1="NO","YES","") ))

Rick