Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default IF function to return values for cells with blank or - in them

Hello,

I have cells with either a blank or - in them. The only option for that
cell is to have a blank or - in it. I want to write an if statement that
will return a value of true and for which I can use conditional formatting to
turn the cell a particular color depending on whether it is blank or has a -
in it. How can I do that?