Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default result of formula posted in different cell

You would normally use VLOOKUP to do this, but as you give no details
of your Sheet1 layout I can't give you a suggested solution.

Pete

On May 8, 11:29*pm, BadRasta!
wrote:
I have a list of contacts that I would like to display contact info from a
dropdown list
Cell A4 - To: * * *B4 (Drop down List) = Imnot Kim & the rest of the list
Cell A4 - E-mail: B4 "Populate"
Cell A4 - Phone: B4 "Populate"
Cell A4 - Fax: * * B4 "Populate"

This is what I got so far & it's not working (well it works for 1 name only)
=IF(B4="Imnot Kim",Sheet1!F2)
As soon as I drop to the next name i get "FALSE"

Please help
by the way I'm running WinXP & Excel 2003

Thnx,
BadRasta

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The OP emailed me directly with this:

" ...
Hi Pete,
Thank you for your response to my question. I guess I didn't make my
question as clear as i could, well here goes...
I have a Workbook with 3 worksheets
Sheet1 called quote form
Sheet2 called Help
Sheet3 called Data
In Sheet1 I have the folowing information...
Cell A4 - To: B4 Imnot Kim
Cell A5 - E-mail: B5 "Populate"
Cell A6 - Phone: B6 "Populate"
Cell A7 - Fax: B7 "Populate"
in Sheet2 I have non related data to what I'm trying to accomplish
Sheet3 I have the following information...
Name Contact Tel Fax Email Address
Imnot Kim Ron 905.123.4567 905.123.4567
Yournot Kim Paul 416.123.4567 905.123.4568

Whose Kim Sandy 604.123.4567 905.123.4569

Wheres Kim Antonie 780.123.4567 905.123.4570

Hi Kim Sheldon 403.123.4567 905.123.4571

By Kim Rose 205.123.4567 905.123.4572

Here's my dilema, when I type in Imnot Kim in cell B4 I would like
Cell B5-B7 to retreive and populate the corospondinf information from
the data sheet.
Once again Thnx,
Badrasta
... "

And my response to him was:

"...
Hello,

Put these formulae in the cells stated:

B5: =VLOOKUP(B$4,Data!A:E,5,0)
B6: =VLOOKUP(B$4,Data!A:E,3,0)
B7: =VLOOKUP(B$4,Data!A:E,4,0)

Note that the only difference is the third parameter of the VLOOKUP
function - this determines which column of the lookup table the
matching data should be brought from.

Hope this helps.

Pete
... "

Just to keep the archives straight ...

Pete

wrote:

I have a list of contacts that I would like to display contact info from a
dropdown list
Cell A4 - To: * * *B4 (Drop down List) =ImnotKim& the rest of the list
Cell A4 - E-mail: B4 "Populate"
Cell A4 - Phone: B4 "Populate"
Cell A4 - Fax: * * B4 "Populate"

This is what I got so far & it's not working (well it works for 1 name only)
=IF(B4="ImnotKim",Sheet1!F2)
As soon as I drop to the next name i get "FALSE"

Please help
by the way I'm running WinXP & Excel 2003

Thnx,
BadRasta- Hide quoted text -