Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Functions in Excel

I am working with deveral worksheets. I have a excel spreadsheet on one tab
and would like to be able to pull data from a source data sheet on another
tab when I click in the cell. The cell contains a number which can be
referenced to the source data, however I need to pull in a name from the
source sheet and have it placed in an adjacent cell ont he schedule. I have
tried Vlookup and it ddn't work. I have also tried the GetPivotInfo function
but it only returns totals not the text I am looking for. Any suggestins as
to what type of function will help?

Beth
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

VLOOKUP should be able to do this as long as the lookup value is in
the first column of your lookup table - if not you can use an INDEX/
MATCH combination. Post the formula you tried and give a bit more
detail of how your data is laid out.

Hope this helps.

Pete