Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Beth Beth is offline

Default Functions in Excel

I am working with deveral worksheets. I have a excel spreadsheet on one tab
and would like to be able to pull data from a source data sheet on another
tab when I click in the cell. The cell contains a number which can be
referenced to the source data, however I need to pull in a name from the
source sheet and have it placed in an adjacent cell ont he schedule. I have
tried Vlookup and it ddn't work. I have also tried the GetPivotInfo function
but it only returns totals not the text I am looking for. Any suggestins as
to what type of function will help?

Beth