Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Exceel formulae

hi there!!
Am New to this discussion and its this problem that brought me to this
discussion....

its have got to adjust values in Col E to 30, if it exceeds in Col D where
Col D is sum of A, B and C..... tried alot of rubbish formulae but all in
vain...
can anyone help plz
--
arisan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It sounds like you want to have the sum in column D show the actual
sum unless that value exceeds 30. If so, the formula would be:
=IF(SUM(A3:D3)30,30,SUM(A3:D3))

On May 8, 9:49 am, arisan wrote:
hi there!!
Am New to this discussion and its this problem that brought me to this
discussion....

its have got to adjust values in Col E to 30, if it exceeds in Col D where
Col D is sum of A, B and C..... tried alot of rubbish formulae but all in
vain...
can anyone help plz
--
arisan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you want Column D (which is the sum of A,B,C) to show 30 if the result of
the Sum exceeds 30 then use this in Col D.

=IF(SUM(A3:C3)30,30,SUM(A3:C3))

If you want Col E to show 30 even if Col D exceeds 30 then use this in E

=IF(D330,30,D3)

Hope that helps.

"arisan" wrote in message
hi there!!
Am New to this discussion and its this problem that brought me to this
discussion....

its have got to adjust values in Col E to 30, if it exceeds in Col D
where
Col D is sum of A, B and C..... tried alot of rubbish formulae but all
in
vain...
can anyone help plz
--
arisan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Instead of =IF(SUM(A3:C3)30,30,SUM(A3:C3)) you could use
=MIN(SUM(A3:C3),30)
and instead of =IF(D330,30,D3) you could use =MIN(D3,30)
--
David Biddulph