Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Invisible Formatting ? or ... ?

I have some cells formatted in blue font & green background on my worksheet.
Is there a way for conditional formating, or some other way, to make them
invisible ? I need to provide most of the data on the worksheet to others,
but I don't want them to see those blue/green cells.
I know I could manually format them as no-fill with a white font, but I was
hoping to make it automatic, or even possibly with a macro. Any help or
assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

There is a work around for this but just like most of my suggestions, it is a
novice ghetto work around.

You can put a password or message in some cell way out of the way on that
worksheet or in a hidden worksheet. So say in this example it's "Password"

Then you can hilight all the green/blue cells, go to conditional
formatting... select formula is=

say you put the Password in cell AA1

=$AA$1="Password"

Then format all those cells to have a white font and white background. Then
when you use it all you have to do is delete the message and everything will
pop back up. then type it in again whenever you need to send it to others.

"Steve" wrote:

I have some cells formatted in blue font & green background on my worksheet.
Is there a way for conditional formating, or some other way, to make them
invisible ? I need to provide most of the data on the worksheet to others,
but I don't want them to see those blue/green cells.
I know I could manually format them as no-fill with a white font, but I was
hoping to make it automatic, or even possibly with a macro. Any help or
assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Seems like something that would work easily, but I can't get it to work.

I have the cells regular formatted blue/green.
I have ="test" in A1
Condtional format as formula = A1, formatting white on white
I must be doing something wrong because conditioanl formatting is not being
done.

"Steve" wrote:

I have some cells formatted in blue font & green background on my worksheet.
Is there a way for conditional formating, or some other way, to make them
invisible ? I need to provide most of the data on the worksheet to others,
but I don't want them to see those blue/green cells.
I know I could manually format them as no-fill with a white font, but I was
hoping to make it automatic, or even possibly with a macro. Any help or
assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm sorry, I can't get it too work, and am not sure how to actaully do it. I
think I tried it both ways-

I have =$A$1="test' in cell A1
the cells I want invisible cells are formatted blue/green
Selecting the blue/green cells, conditional format set up as formula is
=$A$1="test"
but, deleting cell A1 does not change the visibility of the blue/green
cells, or vice-versa.

Thanks,