Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Getting Count Formula Working if Column has both number and text

Hi

Currently I am trying to get Count of Certain numbers in column which has
numbers as well as text. I have data which is very uneven e.g 4 number then
followed by text "Total" then again 5 numbers followed by text "Total" I need
to have Count of numbers field for each category which ends with text "Total".
As number of entries are not same everytime how can I use count formula?? or
is there any other better way of finding out Counts of each category.
--
Nikhil Joshi
Pune India