Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default cell extract

Hi,

I have few lines of text in a cell and I am not able to separate it with the
individual cell for each lines.
For ex: for one invoice number in cell B1, the text is some kind of merged,
if I click on that cell I can see entire data and I am not able to separate
it out.
I need invoice number and also the text of ( n number of lines) as in the
cell.

if a cell has 10 lines of text in a cell, the invoice number also should
repeat in 10 cells and also the 10 lines opposite to that.

Help me with any formula to work it out.

Thanks
Igneshwara reddy.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

The example is In cell A1 I have invoice number as 12345 and in Cell B2 as
follows :
"04/07/2008 01:14:54 PM<--FIELDSEP--JP185006<--FIELDSEP--PLEASE CANCEL THE
HELPDESK SUPPORT OF SITE 2201383, CONTRACT 1079097, EFFECTIVE 01-OCT-07,
REASON: UPGRADE TO PAR, REF: INVOICE 4718929

WHEN DONE, CREATE A MONTHLY CONTRACT FROM 01-OCT-07 TO 30-SEP-08 AND PRORATE
CUSTOMER FROM 01-OCT-07 AS PER ATTACHED

PUT THE SUB-LINE INVOICE TEXT AS INDICATED IN THE SPREADSHEET

BE SURE THAT ALL ATTACHED SERIAL NUMBERS HAVE THE PRODUCT REFERENCE SET TO
FM-PLATINUM A

PUT THE SEVERITY CODE AS INDICATED IN THE SPREADSHEET

PUT ""YEAR 1-FM"" IN THE P.O. FIELD

INVOICE FORMAT AS USUAL

SEND INVOICE TO CUSTOMER A.S.A.P.

ATTENTION: THIS CONTRACT WILL NOT BE RENEWED AT THE END DATE

THANKS<--RECORDSEP--"

Regards,
Igneshwara reddy