Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I combine Exel workbooks?

I have 2 Excel workboos that I want to merge or combine into one set of
worksheets. Can this bedone without copying each sheet?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The only other options I could think of are using formulas (not really
recommended) or programmatically using VBA. Are you adversed to
copy/pasting?

--
Zack Barresse

"Kman" wrote in message
I have 2 Excel workboos that I want to merge or combine into one set of
worksheets. Can this bedone without copying each sheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On May 5, 1:13 pm, Kman wrote:
I have 2 Excel workboos that I want to merge or combine into one set of
worksheets. Can this bedone without copying each sheet?

If you just want all the sheets in their current form, but in one
file....the easiest way is probably drag-n-drop. Have both files open,
and nothing else.

Menu: Window-Arrange-Horizontal (any will work, horizontal will be
easiest to see if there are a lot of sheets)
Then select all the sheets in one file, drag them to the other one. If
they need to be in a certain order, drag them into order. Save.

It will automatically rename any duplicate sheet names with a "(2)" at
the end.