Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Gridlines dissappeared behind formated cells. Get them back?

Somehow in the process of adding borders, colors, and fill, I have lost the
gridlines behind those cells. The gridlines still appear on the worksheet,
and the gridlines box is checked under SHEET OPTIONS of the PAGE LAYOUT tab.
The box is checked as well at SHOW/HIDE under the VIEW tab. I've checked and
unchecked them, so that is not the problem. They simply don't appear in the
blocked area that I formated.
My suspicion is that the gridlines are there, but their color has changed.
The Excel Help says to go to the ADVANCED category of the DISPLAY OPTIONS FOR
THIS WORKSHEET. I can't find the DISPLAY OPTIONS FOR THIS WORKSHEET command.
How do I find that? and, is that what the problem really is?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

When you fill a cell with a color or pattern, that cell's gridlines
disappear. That's just how Excel works. You can add cell borders to simulate
the gridlines in cells that have been filled with colors or patterns.

Hope this helps,

Hutch