Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Adding Values

I have a list of unique values that some portion of were previouslysummed to
a given value X. I need to find out which values in the list were added. Is
there a formula or process that I might use find out which values were added?

Thanks!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you have to ask then you don't want to know the answer. <g
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/te...ues/index.html
has some possible ways to do it.
My approach is to apply the amount against the oldest invoices.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"Sandy"
wrote in message
I have a list of unique values that some portion of were previouslysummed to
a given value X. I need to find out which values in the list were added. Is
there a formula or process that I might use find out which values were added?
Thanks!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Unique values does not imply unique sums. Lets say your unique values were
1,2,3,4 and the sum you got was 5. There is no way to look at the value 5
and figure out if it was the sum of 1 plus 4 or 2 plus 3... at least not
unless (although with no guarantees) there were additional rules governing
what gets summed and how.

Rick