Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
SJ SJ is offline

Default I can't autofill cells in a column if blank cells in between

When I type in something in a cell, it will not autofill the cells below in
the column if there is a blank cell in between. For example, if I type in
"Done" and go down 2 cells and type in "D" it will not autofill to "Done"
unless I have text in between the 2 cells. How does this happen and how can I
fix it?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On May 4, 6:05 am, SJ wrote:
When I type in something in a cell, it will not autofill the cells below in
the column if there is a blank cell in between. For example, if I type in
"Done" and go down 2 cells and type in "D" it will not autofill to "Done"
unless I have text in between the 2 cells. How does this happen and how can I
fix it?

Thanks.

I think you mean AutoComplete.

1. Make sure Tools|Options|Edit|Autocomplete is selected

2. Insert a column next to the column you want to "Autocomplete with
gaps". Fill the inserted column with anything (eg 1s) down as far as
needed. This column can either be to the left or right side but must
be adjacent to the "AutoComplete with gaps" column and can be hidden.

Ken Johnson