Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how to autofill a consecutive cells in a column?

This problem has bugged me for a long time. Please help!
I have column A with 2, 4, 6, 8, ....100, which represents the time line in
days. Column B with 0, 0, 1, 0, 3, 2, ...5, 3... which represents a certain
event that happend in that day. Let's say totally the event happened 300
times in the 100 days.
I would like to have a column C, which has 300 cells corresponding to those
300 events. If the first event happened once in day 6, then put a "6" into
first cell of column C. If the next event happened 3 times in day 10, then
put 10, 10 ,10, into 2nd, 3rd, 4th cell of column C. So finally I have 300
cells in column C, each cell representing the day on which the corresponding
event happened.
I really wish I made it clear. Please help! :D
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You seem to be mixing up your columns and rows and then overwriting your
data in your rows under column C. You may want to draw out what you are
trying to do and re-evaluate your description.