Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Don Don is offline

Default strange happenings with move/copy worksheet

I'm working on a file that I have been using since 1999 in Excel for pc. New
to mac and just got office for Mac. This is one of the first files i have
opened.

So..... I need to add some new sheets for the current years data.
I use the move/ copy sheet, select where and that it should be a copy. The
new sheet populates and low and behold the date portion of the year in EVERY
sheet in the work book are changed by four years. Date and month are ok. 2007
sheet dates become 2011, 20062010. Funny tho that 2008 aea also dated 2011.

Tried this with another workbook and same thing.

Also note that colour change in cell fill changes rather dramatically as well.

Wassssssss up???

OK so I took the workbook to work and opened on pc with Excel 2000. Went all
the above procedures and accomplished what I wanted.

So is this mac pc issue??

Any ideas??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

With Office for PC..........................

If you go to ToolsOptionsCalculation you will find at the bottom of dialog, a
checkbox for 1904 date system.

Mac's have this enabled and PC's have it disabled.

BTW..........it is 4 years and 1 day difference.

Add or subtract 1462 days to alter.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP