Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Two subjects: Column sort and True/False in cell

My first issue is I am trying to sort four columns with first-level column
and second-level column indicated. For some reason, it is not sorting by the
specific second-level column I am selecting. What is going on? I have tried
several combinations and it will not work.

The second issue is, every time I type true or false in a cell, the program
inserts TRUE or FALSE centered in the cell and sorts it at the bottom of the
list instead of in its' appropriate spot alphabetically.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

First issue: Not enough detail to know what you're wanting to do.

Second issue: In Excel TRUE and FALSE have a special meaning. To enter them
as text strings precede them with an apostrophe like this: 'true or 'false.
The apostrophe will not be displayed in the cell.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"dilynn17" wrote in message
My first issue is I am trying to sort four columns with first-level column
and second-level column indicated. For some reason, it is not sorting by
the
specific second-level column I am selecting. What is going on? I have
tried
several combinations and it will not work.

The second issue is, every time I type true or false in a cell, the
program
inserts TRUE or FALSE centered in the cell and sorts it at the bottom of
the
list instead of in its' appropriate spot alphabetically.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you so much for your help on true/false! Why can't instructions tell
you this, if at all, at least in a way that can be found!

I selected Columns E, F, G and H to sort with E as first-level and F as
second-level sort. For some reason, it keeps sorting the G column instead of
F.