Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Copy from another sheet

I'm want a formula on Sheet 1 to refer back to a cell on Sheet 6, but I keep
getting an error no matter what I do. This is an example of the formula:
=Sheets(6)!G53
Can't I use a sheet name to get a value from another sheet, or am I missing
something stupid I'm doing? I do know the sheet name is correct. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

=Sheets(6)!G53

If the sheetname is really: Sheet 6
then: ='Sheet 6'!G53
--
Max
Singapore
"cottage6" wrote:
I'm want a formula on Sheet 1 to refer back to a cell on Sheet 6, but I keep
getting an error no matter what I do. This is an example of the formula:
=Sheets(6)!G53
Can't I use a sheet name to get a value from another sheet, or am I missing
something stupid I'm doing? I do know the sheet name is correct. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Just ='Sheet 6'!G53 should do the trick

Sheet(6) is VBA syntax for referring to sheet position in the workbook.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 2 May 2008 13:41:12 -0700, cottage6
wrote:

I'm want a formula on Sheet 1 to refer back to a cell on Sheet 6, but I keep
getting an error no matter what I do. This is an example of the formula:
=Sheets(6)!G53
Can't I use a sheet name to get a value from another sheet, or am I missing
something stupid I'm doing? I do know the sheet name is correct. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I've used that formula to no avail, but after I got thinking about this I
think I've figured out why the formula isn't working. I converted this file
from Lotus 123. Even though the sheet index number says it's Sheet 6, I
think it lost that affiliation somewhere along the line. I can reference it
with VB, but not in a formula. I'll just do this a different way, and forget
the formula altogether. Thanks to you and Max for your responses.