Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default how do I add portion of days for scheduling

Below is a schedule for a machine. For example, JOB1 is equal to 3.65 of a
day and it will start on 5/1 and finish on 5/6. I have a formula for cell C2
that is =WORKDAY(L3,I3,$K$1) and I copied it down for all of column
C(K1=5/26, Memorial day), then cell B3=C2. The only problem is the
calculation is not keeping track of the portion of the day already consumed.
It is starting new with each line as you can see below where jobs 4-17 show
they will all finish on the same day. is there away to have excel actually
keep track of the portion of the day consumed?

JOB A B C
1 % of day Machine Start Machine End
2 3.65 5/1 5/6
3 1.25 5/6 5/7
4 1.301 5/7 5/8
5 0.4592 5/8 5/8
6 0.4592 5/8 5/8
7 0.359 5/8 5/8
8 0.359 5/8 5/8
9 0.359 5/8 5/8
10 0.359 5/8 5/8
11 0.4676 5/8 5/8
12 0.4258 5/8 5/8
13 0.359 5/8 5/8
14 0.4592 5/8 5/8
15 0.4592 5/8 5/8
16 0.4592 5/8 5/8
17 0.526 5/8 5/8
18 1.7352 5/8 5/9
19 1.0604 5/9 5/12
20 1.0604 5/12 5/13
21 0.9936 5/13 5/13
22 1.027 5/21 5/22

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Use this macro:
Sub PropFill()

Dim c As Range
Dim v As Single
Dim s As Shape

For Each c In Selection
If c.Value = 0 And c.Value <= 1 Then

v = c.Value
Set s = ActiveSheet.Shapes.AddShape(msoShapeRectangle, _
c.Left, c.Top, c.Width * v, c.Height)
s.Fill.Visible = msoTrue
s.Fill.ForeColor.SchemeColor = 44
s.Fill.Transparency = 0.67