Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Why has my mouse pointer response slowed to a crawl speed ?

I am creating an Excel workbook which is multi-sheet & with many formulae
linking workbooks, sheets within the workbook & also operating within each
sheet. Suddenly, the mouse pointer has gone "slow" and the actions of the
mouse on the first sheet are almost non-responsive - often requiring
multi-clicks (excess of 4) to get a response. The same non-responsiveness
applies to selecting tool bar Options. Why is this happening? How do I
prevent it & how do I get rid of this situation on existing wokrbooks. Not
all my Wookbooks display this problem.