Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Multiple formats in a single cell with multiple formulas

Is there a way to do that? That is, if I have a cell with several formulas
and/or added text with the use of the '&' variable, can I make each
independent formula/text in the cell have a different format?

Take the below example in one of my worksheet's cells. The worksheet is a
statistical summary, and each of the three numbers resulting from the
formulas represent a) the number of respondents that answered a certain way,
b) the percentage of respondents who answered a certain way with
consideration of the number of survey participants, and c) the percentage of
respondents that answered a certain way on a follow-up question with
consideration of the number of survey participants who answered to the
affirmative on the opening question (i.e., thus making this follow-up
question relevant and applicable to them). Make sense?

Here is one of the cell's:
=16&" ("&ROUND((16/C9)*100,2)&"%) ("&ROUND((16/30)*100,2)&"%)*"

I want the first "16" in standard format, the first ROUND formula
(surrounded by parenthesis) in italic format, and the second ROUND formula
(surrounded by parenthises and an asterick to the right) in bold format.

--
-Zakhary
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Zakhary,

No, you cannot have parts of the results of a formula have differing
formats. You could use a macro or event code to convert the formula to a
value and format the value within a cell, but you would need to use an extra
cell to retain the formula. Post back if you are interested in that sort of
solution.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP