Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Joe Joe is offline

Default finding last number in row excluding 0's

hello all, i have a row of 18 numbers that update autmatically and give me a
number increasing by 1 if the statement is true, if false, i get a 0. i would
like to know of a formula that will give me the last number in the string
excluding the 0's.
example is columns BA3:BR3 and in column BS3 i would like to see last number
over 0.
the below example would be after 3 different days of inputs, as you can see
it does not take the 0 but the last whole digit in the string.

your help would be greatly appreciated
thank you

ba bb bc bd be bf bg bg bi bj bk bl bm bn bo bp bq br
bs
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 0 1 2 3 0 1 2
0 0 =2

ba bb bc bd be bf bg bg bi bj bk bl bm bn bo bp bq br
bs
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 0 1 2 3 0 1 2
3 0 =3

ba bb bc bd be bf bg bg bi bj bk bl bm bn bo bp bq br
bs
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 0 1 2 3 0 1 2
3 4 =4
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Adapt this

=LOOKUP(2,1/((BA3:BR3<"")*(BA3:BR3<0)),BA3:BR3)

if there can be no empty cells within you can use

=LOOKUP(2,1/(BA3:BR3<0),BA3:BR3)

Peo Sjoblom

"Joe" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this array formula (assuming row 1. Change as needed):

=INDEX(A1:R1,1,MAX(--(A1:R1<0)*COLUMN(A1:R1)))

For an array formula, instead of Enter, you have to press Ctrl + Shift +
Enter. If you do it right, Excel will add curly braces around the formula.

Hope this helps,

Hutch

"Joe" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

=LOOKUP(2,1/BA3:BR3,BA3:BR3)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Joe" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Doesn't work if the last value is < 1 but 0

--
---
HTH

Bob

"T. Valko" wrote in message
Try this:

=LOOKUP(2,1/BA3:BR3,BA3:BR3)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Joe" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This should take care of that:

=LOOKUP(1E100,1/BA3:BR3,BA3:BR3)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Doesn't work if the last value is < 1 but 0

--
---
HTH

Bob

addy)

"T. Valko" wrote in message
Try this:

=LOOKUP(2,1/BA3:BR3,BA3:BR3)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Joe" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Joe Joe is offline

thank you all for your help, the first one i tried and its good. i have been
trying to figure that out for a few months now and was getting nowhere. keep
up the good work.

Joe

"T. Valko" wrote:

This should take care of that:

=LOOKUP(1E100,1/BA3:BR3,BA3:BR3)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Doesn't work if the last value is < 1 but 0

--
---
HTH

Bob

addy)

"T. Valko" wrote in message
Try this:

=LOOKUP(2,1/BA3:BR3,BA3:BR3)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Joe" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Thu, 1 May 2008 19:04:32 +0100, "Bob Phillips"
wrote:

Doesn't work if the last value is < 1 but 0

While your statement is true, I don't see how that would occur given the OP's
description.
--ron