Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Outline using style

Hi everyone,

I would like create an outline using Style by creating styles called
"RowLevel_1", "RowLevel_2", etc... then assign those styles to certain rows.
From Data -- Group and Outline -- Auto Outline. However I got an error
message saying that "Cannot create an Outline". I wonder what I did wrong.
Please help. I am using Excel 2002.

Thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Apr 28, 5:04 pm, boardrider
wrote:
Hi everyone,

I would like create an outline using Style by creating styles called
"RowLevel_1", "RowLevel_2", etc... then assign those styles to certain rows.
From Data -- Group and Outline -- Auto Outline. However I got an error
message saying that "Cannot create an Outline". I wonder what I did wrong.
Please help. I am using Excel 2002.

Thanks,

I don't think you and Excel mean the same thing when you say
"outline". Outline mode in Excel is usually used for subtotals, it
allows you to hide details quickly, showing only the subtotals. Try
turning on Subtotals in the Data menu to see what an Excel Outline
looks like.

You may want to look into Autoformat instead for the formatting you
want. Or use Word.