Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Run a macro when clicking a cell.

Hi,

I'm sure this has been discussed before but I'm a complete novice on
Excel so any help is appreciated.

I've created a Calendar Control and can call the macro up either by
clicking a button or right-clicking the mouse. When I click on a date
in the Calendar, the date populates the selected cell. However, what
I'd also like to do is to run the macro when I click on a specific
cell.

I've seen another post which said copy the cell and paste the picture
then you can assign the macro to the cell but the date populates the
cell you clicked on prior to the macro running so that's no good.

Can anyone advise either how to run the macro by clicking the cell so
that the date populates the clicked cell, or maybe a double-click
which I've seen in another post.

I can email my workbook to anyone to have a look if required.

Kind regards.

K-Rod.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can set up a cell to call a macro when it is clicked, but there is a
problem. The macro will be called even if you run across the cell with the
arrow keys or ENTER key. That is why a double click is usually reccommended.
Try this worksheet event macro:

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As
Boolean)
Set t = Target
Set a1 = Range("A1")
If Intersect(t, a1) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
Cancel = True
Call hello
End Sub

Because it is worksheet code, it is very easy to install and automatic to use:

1. right-click the tab name near the bottom of the Excel window
2. select View Code - this brings up a VBE window
3. paste the stuff in and close the VBE window

If you have any concerns, first try it on a trial worksheet.

If you save the workbook, the macro will be saved with it.

To remove the macro:

1. bring up the VBE windows as above
2. clear the code out
3. close the VBE window

To learn more about macros in general, see:

To learn more about Event Macros (worksheet code), see:

Gary''s Student - gsnu2007h

" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

" wrote:
[...]

K-Rod.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for the responses.

I can't get either of these to work though.

When I double-click a cell I get the error "Compile error. Sub or
function not defined".

Do I need to link this into my calendar in some way?

Thanks for your help.

K-Rod.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Did you see my post with the macro and the link to Ron de Bruin's site?

If so, have you gone to Ron's site for info?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 09:57:02 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

I can't get either of these to work though.

When I double-click a cell I get the error "Compile error. Sub or
function not defined".

Do I need to link this into my calendar in some way?

Thanks for your help.

K-Rod.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On 1 May, 00:35, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca wrote:
Did you see my post with the macro and the link to Ron de Bruin's site?

If so, have you gone to Ron's site for info?

Gord Dibben *MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 09:57:02 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
I can't get either of these to work though.

When I double-click a cell I get the error "Compile error. *Sub or
function not defined".

Do I need to link this into my calendar in some way?

Thanks for your help.

K-Rod.- Hide quoted text -

Yes I visited the link and copied the code but get a runtime error.

Can anyone help out? I can send my workbook via email if someone
would be so kind as to have a look at it? As I mentioned, I know
nothing about VB and just want to get this calendar working.

Thanks,

K-Rod.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

See here for step by step instructions.

http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut07.htm

If you scroll to the page bottom, there are downloads available.

"Runime" error could arise for a number of reasons.

If you want you can upload the workbook to one of these sites then post back
with the URL

http://www.freefilehosting.net/
http://savefile.com/

Gord

On Sat, 3 May 2008 02:59:43 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Hi,

Yes I visited the link and copied the code but get a runtime error.

Can anyone help out? I can send my workbook via email if someone
would be so kind as to have a look at it? As I mentioned, I know
nothing about VB and just want to get this calendar working.

Thanks,

K-Rod.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On May 3, 6:09*pm, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca wrote:
See here for step by step instructions.

http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut07.htm

If you scroll to the page bottom, there are downloads available.

"Runime" error could arise for a number of reasons.

If you want you can upload the workbook to one of these sites then post back
with the URL

http://www.freefilehosting.net/http://savefile.com/

Gord

On Sat, 3 May 2008 02:59:43 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
Hi,

Yes I visited the link and copied the code but get a runtime error.

Can anyone help out? *I can send my workbook via email if someone
would be so kind as to have a look at it? *As I mentioned, I know
nothing about VB and just want to get this calendar working.

Thanks,

K-Rod.- Hide quoted text -

Hi Gord,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I've followed those step by step instructions and I can get the
calendar to pop up either with right-click or button. What I want to
do now is have it pop up with a double-click on a particular cell, or
cells.

I've uploaded the workbook here as advised.

http://www.freefilehosting.net/download/3gk65

Thanks again.

K-Rod.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

All you uploaded was a Class Module.........*.cls

Using the the Excel Calendar Workbook from Martin's site.

Right-click on Sheet1 tab and "View Code"

Copy/paste this into that sheet module.

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick _
(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean)
OpenCalendar
Cancel = True
End Sub

Alt + q to return to the Excel window.

Double-click on any cell.

Gord

On Mon, 5 May 2008 13:05:37 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Hi Gord,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I've followed those step by step instructions and I can get the
calendar to pop up either with right-click or button. What I want to
do now is have it pop up with a double-click on a particular cell, or
cells.

I've uploaded the workbook here as advised.

http://www.freefilehosting.net/download/3gk65

Thanks again.

K-Rod.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On 5 May, 23:41, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca wrote:
[...]

I'm still getting the error.

How do I upload the full workbook please?

Thanks,

K-Rod.