Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I refer to the results of a function in a cell not the form

How do use the contents of a cell that is getting it's contents from another
cell
e.g. in cell K:10 I am joining the contents of cells I:10 and J:10 using the
&. I want to use the results of this join as a data range for a running
chart . Consequently K:10 now displays $E$4:$27.

The problem is that if refer to K:10 in another formula or in a data series
range, Excel reads the formula in K:10 not the actual value

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Apr 28, 12:21 pm, James Lucero
wrote:
How do use the contents of a cell that is getting it's contents from another
cell
e.g. in cell K:10 I am joining the contents of cells I:10 and J:10 using the
&. I want to use the results of this join as a data range for a running
chart . Consequently K:10 now displays $E$4:$27.

The problem is that if refer to K:10 in another formula or in a data series
range, Excel reads the formula in K:10 not the actual value

It shouldn't be. It should refer to the value/text that is returned,
not to the formula itself. What formulas are you using?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Believe you could try using INDIRECT to resolve the concat string
But in your line:
Consequently K:10 now displays $E$4:$27

$E$4:$27 doesn't look like a valid range

Btw, I presumed you meant cell K10 when you write "K:10"
--
Max
Singapore