Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Spiky Spiky is offline

Default How do I refer to the results of a function in a cell not theform

On Apr 28, 12:21 pm, James Lucero
wrote:
How do use the contents of a cell that is getting it's contents from another
cell
e.g. in cell K:10 I am joining the contents of cells I:10 and J:10 using the
&. I want to use the results of this join as a data range for a running
chart . Consequently K:10 now displays $E$4:$27.

The problem is that if refer to K:10 in another formula or in a data series
range, Excel reads the formula in K:10 not the actual value

It shouldn't be. It should refer to the value/text that is returned,
not to the formula itself. What formulas are you using?