Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Back to basics of excel 2003

Having a limited memory, please help me to recall the solution

i have cell values below in a column of *text dates* <m/d/yyyy

'5/5/2008
'3/19/2008
'5/6/2008
'4/12/2008
'3/26/2008
'12/28/2008

problem is - it was imported and i need them to be reckognized as real date
values by xls 03. The * ' * is quite hard for me to recall of how i can
clean them.

--
regards,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Perhaps like this:

=RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-1)*1

with your date in A1 - format the cell as a date, then copy down as
required.

You could also try Data | Text to Columns.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Apr 28, 1:30*pm, driller wrote:
Having a limited memory, please help me to recall the solution

i have cell values below in a column of *text dates* <m/d/yyyy

'5/5/2008
'3/19/2008
'5/6/2008
'4/12/2008
'3/26/2008
'12/28/2008

problem is - it was imported and i need them to be reckognized as real date
values by xls 03. *The * ' * is quite hard for me to recall of how i can
clean them.

--
regards,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Data (menu) | Text to Columns
will work.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"driller"
wrote in message
Having a limited memory, please help me to recall the solution
i have cell values below in a column of *text dates* <m/d/yyyy

'5/5/2008
'3/19/2008
'5/6/2008
'4/12/2008
'3/26/2008
'12/28/2008

problem is - it was imported and i need them to be reckognized as real date
values by xls 03. The * ' * is quite hard for me to recall of how i can
clean them.
--
regards,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions