Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Coverting the cells into general

Hi,

I have some formulas and I already setup a macro to execute the formula's in
the excel sheet. Almost 15 cols the formula will be excecuted and finally i
will retain the excel sheet with values (removing the formulas). Now my
problem is all the cells where i executed with formuals are in text format.I
am facing some problem in the pivot. (Example : I cant select the blanks in
the pivot because all the cols are in text format)

I clicked on data == text to columns == and i selected general and i
refreshed the pivot now it is working fine, but I have almost 15 cols and i
cant do the same action on all the cols selecting at one shot as the text to
columns allows me to select individual cols to convert the cells into general.

Can anybody help me how can i resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance

-chr
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Can't you do the text-to-columns within your macro? Record a macro
while you do it once manually and then edit the macro to repeat for
each of your columns.

Hope this helps.

Pete