Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
DEE DEE is offline

Default need excel formula for equation h=-16t^2+v*x+h_0, please?

my desire is to create an algebraic excel work using the equation
h=16t^2+v*x+h_0. I did not know how to set up formula on excel and hoping
someone can help...thanks Dee
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Assuming you have the value of t in cell A3, v in cell A4, x in cell A5 and
h_0 in cell A6, enter the formula as you have entered it below in cell A1
(is equal to sign onwards). Just that you should replace t,v,x and h_0 with
the cell references.

Ashish Mathur
www.ashishmathur.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts

"Dee" wrote in message
my desire is to create an algebraic excel work using the equation
h=16t^2+v*x+h_0. I did not know how to set up formula on excel and hoping
someone can help...thanks Dee

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=16t^2+v*(x+h_0)
Set it up just as a standard formula for a falling body. Use parentheses as
you require them
If t in in cell b1 and v is in cell c1 and x is in cell d1 and h_0 is in e1
then
=(16*b1)^2+c1*(d1+e1). Excel has rules for evaluation. Look in help.
It is very simple

Tyro