markx

Default Statistics (average of multiple divisions)

Hello everybody,

I try to figure out a "one-cell" formula that could make a following
calculation:

From B6 to AZ6 I have one range of numbers
From B7 to AZ7 I have another range (numbers as well)

What interests me is to find an average of B6/B7, C6/C7, D6/D7 until
AZ6/AZ7.
For sure, I can make a long formula that makes 1000 miles to write:-), but
I'm sure there is an easier way...

Thanks a lot for your help on this!

Mark

Bob Phillips

Hi Mark,

If all of the divisor cells have a value then

=AVERAGE(B6:AZ6/B7:AZ7)

If some are empty, or you are not sure then

=AVERAGE(IF(B7:AZ7<0,B6:AZ6/B7:AZ7))

Both are array formulas, so commit with Ctrl-Shift-Enter.

--

HTH

RP

"markx" wrote in message
Hello everybody,

I try to figure out a "one-cell" formula that could make a following
calculation:

From B6 to AZ6 I have one range of numbers
From B7 to AZ7 I have another range (numbers as well)

What interests me is to find an average of B6/B7, C6/C7, D6/D7 until
AZ6/AZ7.
For sure, I can make a long formula that makes 1000 miles to write:-), but
I'm sure there is an easier way...

Thanks a lot for your help on this!

Mark

markx

Thanks Bob,

Worked perfectly for me!
Thanks as well for underlining ARRAY thing, without this I would surely get
wrong results..

Cheers,
Mark

"markx" wrote in message
Hello everybody,

I try to figure out a "one-cell" formula that could make a following
calculation:

From B6 to AZ6 I have one range of numbers
From B7 to AZ7 I have another range (numbers as well)