Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
GRK GRK is offline

Default Number Assignment

One of my headers is Account Number and the account number has seven
characters, three alpha and four numeric. Is there a way after assigning the
alpha characters to allow excel to automatically assign the four numeric
characters in a sequence of 2?

Example Account Number: SSB0012
SSB0014

Thanks
--
GRK
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

One guess, one play ..
Try in any starting cell, say in B2:
="SSB"&TEXT(ROWS($1:1)*2-2,"0000")
Copy down
--
Max
Singapore
"GRK" wrote:
One of my headers is Account Number and the account number has seven
characters, three alpha and four numeric. Is there a way after assigning the
alpha characters to allow excel to automatically assign the four numeric
characters in a sequence of 2?

Example Account Number: SSB0012
SSB0014

Thanks
--
GRK

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
GRK GRK is offline

Max,

Thanks, it worked.
--
GRK

"GRK" wrote:
One of my headers is Account Number and the account number has seven
characters, three alpha and four numeric. Is there a way after assigning the
alpha characters to allow excel to automatically assign the four numeric
characters in a sequence of 2?

Example Account Number: SSB0012
SSB0014

Thanks