Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Conditional Drop-down lists

Hi

Suppose I have the following entries in 2 columns in a data sheet 1:

Sony Sony 1
Panasonic Panasonic 1
Sanyo Sanyo 4
Sony Sony 2
Sony Sony 3
Panasonic Panasonic 2
Sanyo Sanyo 1
Sanyo Sanyo 2
Sanyo Sanyo 3

Question 1:
How do I setup a drop-down field on another sheet 2 so that it only shows me
unique options from col A (i.e. only shows three options of Sony, Panasonic,
and Sanyo)?

Question 2:
In sheet 2, after I have selected one of the unique options from the
drop-down as above, I want to have a drop-down in the next column that only
gives me related options from col B of the datasheet... so if I pick Sony
from the first column dd, the only options in this second dd are Sony 1, Sony
2, and Sony 3. How do I do this? I also need the option to add new values
in this column if it doesn't already appear in the dd.

Thanks in advance

Arjay
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

G'day Arjay

Check out this site:

Download the sample file, I used it on a spreadsheet at work & it works
fine.

Follow the instructions

HTH
Mark.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hello

I thought I found a way of avoiding this problem but no such luck. Hence
further questions.

My source data is based around a large number of variables, i.e. I have over
600 manufacturers with some offering more than 400 products. Given this, can
Excel handle my request as the Contextures site requires you to lay out all
of the data in a pivot format so you can name each range?

Or is there an easier VBA way?

And given the manufacturers appear multiple times, how do I create a single
entry list for the primary DD list in the first place?

Hope this makes sense

Thanks, Arjay